Training & Support
Find the answers to your questions in our Knowledge Base
2018 Update History
2018 Update History
Check out the updates we released in 2015, 2016 or 2017
- Added a dialogue box in the Preview section for any missings media assets
- We've integrated 350,000+ Storyblocks video clips into Content Samurai - now all the clips results you find in the Media tab of the Scene section of the app will come from Storyblocks!
- Fixed a minor bug with the Creative Commons licence link in the Download section of the app
- We made changes to the Dashboard that make it load faster and more reliably.
- Added support for larger uploaded voice-over tracks.
- In addition to being able to alter the Auto-voice speed, you can now alter the speed of user-uploaded & browser recorded voice type videos!
- We now support .m4a uploaded voiceover tracks.
- You can now alter the speed of the Auto-voice speed by using a new slider in the Preview section of the app!
- Fixed a bug that caused music timing options to be a little off. This one reminded me of when you say something embarrassing and the music cuts out so everyone can hear you.
- Video clips (like Intro clips, Outro Clips, Talking Head clips etc.) are now watchable in the Preview section!
- The load times for the Preview section have been greatly decreased.
- The overall quality for voice tracks has been improved.
- Fixed a bug that would show the last slide sideways.
- Motion Video Backgrounds are now watchable in the Preview section!
- We've greatly improved the quality of the AI Voice!
- Now you can set a slide to have no timing so it's skipped over, just in case you want that kind of thing...
- Now when you change from image to clips (or vice versa) the app will search for new results. More automation = more lazy = more awesome!
- Fixed a bug that was causing videos not generate due to issues with certain types of images.
- Certain backgrounds video clips found using the in-app search feature will now render successfully.
- Fixed a minor bug where setting a background image wouldn't show in the app. Our magical developers have slain this beast!
- Fixed a minor bug for templates that require a side-bar image. This fix is mainly for templates found in the 'Property Listing Videos' section.
- Made further improvements to the in-app image searching. Now you can specify which type of cat image you need!
- Improved the quality of images returned when searching from within the app. More overall images mean more cat images - you're welcome!
- You can now search for videos clips, as well as images, and add them to slides - all from inside the app!
- The microphone levels weren't showing, now they are. Booyah!
- We gave Content Samurai a complete visual makeover!
- Sample voice tracks for auto voice are now higher quality
- Added codec information on the Download page for Windows users
- Minor template image fixes
- Minor API fixes
- New auto voices for Aus and UK have been released and updated in the app (US voices were already on the newer updated version).
- Specific options have been set for each template
What this means:
- Each time you choose a different template for a video, the defaults for that template is applied to your video (overwriting your current settings on the video.)
- As a user, you can edit the default slide generation options for your custom templates.
- Improved stability of template options for future Real Estate templates
- You can now use the 'link a slide' option on a slide that doesn't already have an image on it!
- Improved stability of template options for future templates
- Improved how the automatic user options (found in the Script section of the app) have been improved
- Brought back
The Biff image backgrounds on templates!
- Flushed out some gremlins in the video generation section of the app.
What this means:
- Better error messages when going into slides (less claiming it was the connection when it wasn’t)
- Users are no longer allowed to edit the script if they have >= 200 slides.
- Fixed a potential issue that could have been causing lockups has been removed
- The connection should be more resilient to timeouts when going into slides
- Added new template example videos to the app
- Fixed a few minor template bugs
- The templates section has been updated to make it easier to create the perfect video style
- Added a warning message when converting a Landscape (16:9) video that has video clips into a Square (1:1) format. It's just a reminder to switch out the videos so they display correctly when downloaded.
- Fixed a minor caching problem with already generated videos
- Text to speech added to the app!
- Fixed major stability issues!
- The manual timing area in Preview has been improved and now runs smoother than ever!
- Significant improvements have been made to the quality of automatic images.
- Overall improvements to the image search performance
- Fixed a grouped slides bug - now you can group those suckers properly.
- Fixed a bug that would cause our Audio servers to fall over. Improvements, yay!
- Motion Video Backgrounds are out. Now you can finally add funny cat videos to your slides!
- Fixed a minor issue that would switch your media type when moving between slides. Now slides with images show image results and slides with videos show video results - simple!
- Fixed an annoying issue that was causing our servers to fall over when generating certain videos, that would cause an outage for all users!
- Fixed an issue causing slow rendering times - Content Samurai is now spitting out videos faster than ever before!
- We made significant fixes to the generation process.
- We've moved the layout option to the menu that runs along to the top of each slide!
- Style background images are... well... back!
- Fixed minor issue with slide background images
- Updated 1st video in the Help section to a newer version
- Added 9 point layout to the app - now you get the point!
- Fixed minor server issues with that control the Voice section of the app
- Updated the 'Help' page with new Getting Started videos that include our brand new features
- Added more 'Style' to the app with a new section!
- We've squashed the bug that wouldn't delete images from your Content Samurai image library.
- Fixed a bug where unchecking 'Add Transitions' didn't do anything.
- Content Samurai will now automatically flip uploaded images so they are the correct way up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented images with non-alphabet characters (#$%&!) in the name when uploading to your image library! Now you can hashtag to your heart's content! #yay
- Fixed an issue where slides were bunched up at the start of your timeline. We've separated the troublemakers!