Training & Support
Find the answers to your questions in our Knowledge Base
How to export data from Market Samurai into Microsoft Excel (Windows)
**Whilst this guide is written for Market Samurai, the process is the same for Domain Samurai.
You can export important keywords and all the data that's returned in a Market Samurai keyword search, by using the built-in "Export" button. This easy to use feature will allow you to present your data, in a neat and professional spreadsheet in just a few steps:
- Open Market Samurai
- Click on the Keyword Research module
- Either choose an existing keyword, or create a new one
- If you're creating new keywords, click the "Generate Keyword" button to populate a keyword list
- When you have your keywords, click the "Keyword Analysis" button
- Make sure all the data fields are there that you want displayed** (SEOT, AWCPC, etc.)
- Click the "Export" button in the bottom right of the screen
**Note - If you are seeing blank data fields, try clicking the "Analyze Keywords" button again. More information can be found here.
- Save the .csv file (in this example we've titled it "Market Samurai analysis)
*Note - If you would like to save a text file of keywords without the additional data, click the "Keyword Generation" button and use the "Export" button from the Keyword Generation page.
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Choose the "Open File" option
- Navigate to where the Market Samurai analysis.csv file is saved
- Click the drop-down menu and change to the "All Files" option from "All Readable Documents"
- Select your .csv file and that's it, your data will load into an easy to read spreadsheet!
If you run into any issues during this process, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to support by clicking here
. If you see an error message, please include what you are seeing in the support ticket - either in text or by attaching an image of the error.